Monday 3 June 2013

EXP 3 - Week 4

The main focus of this week was to create and develop 36 custom textures that resembled and defined the movement of each of the selected 6 words. I decided to take advantage of this opportunity and developed the textures based on my personal and logical interpretation of each type of movement that is conveyed in each word. My custom made textures can be seen below.

Flux
Flux
Continuous change, passage, or movement
Overtaking
Overtaking
To catch up with in travelling or pursuit.
Progression
Progression

The act of progressing; forward or onward movement.

Rotational
Rotational
The act of rotating; a turning around as on an axis.
Scalar
Scalar
Representable by position on a scale or line; having only magnitude.

We were then required to apply these textures to at least 3 places within our scheme to help outline the navigation through the environment and we were also instructed to continue on developing our scheme further by adding details. I felt that I was not ready to proceed further and complete these tasks as I still had to grasp a better understanding of the individual spaces that made up my bridge to then better understand the relationships between each zone and the individual spaces within.

I felt that the best way to tackle this was to create a photo montage of existing examples of each of these spaces to collate my ideas about the characteristics of each space, the scale and also the context. In doing so, I was able to establish a reference to relate my ideas of each space to existing but similar spaces in order to create something that is feasible that would actually function in the real world. The photo montage I developed can be seen below.


Photo-montage
Photo-montage References

No comments:

Post a Comment